Date of Herding Clinic:
May 21, 2016; tentatively 9 am to 4 pm. If more people sign up for the clinic, the event may carry over to May 22nd.
Kathy Playdon’s Sheep Ranch
Brightbank Finnsheep http://www.finnsheep.ca/ . Brightbank
Finnsheep is about 40 minute drive west of Edmonton, Alberta.
If weather becomes a concern, we may decide to use a nearby arena.
Fee: $80 per dog, per day Prior to April 15th, each participant will
need to confirm attendance by forwarding a $40 deposit toward the clinic
fee. There will be no refund if the participant chooses to cancel
participation. Final payment will be due upon arriving at the clinic. If
the clinic is cancelled, all deposits will be returned.
Mail your herding clinic deposit (cheque) prior to April 15th to: Judy Weir at 64 Greystone Drive, Spruce Grove, AB T7X 1X2
- Rules of the day (safety to people and animals, schedule, etc.)
- Overview of herding technique, commands
- In the morning, each participant will be given 15-20 minutes of
training in a outdoor ring (or arena)
- After lunch, each participant will be given a second training session in the ring; or, if the dog and handler appear to have good control, a small field will be the location of training
Snack food and refreshments will be provided to the participants at no
extra charge. Guests may be asked to pay a small fee (or donate).
*What I need from you?*
Please email email@example.com
– Your name and contact information (phone number)
– Name of your dog, breed, and age
– Any question you may have
*NOTE*: I am volunteering to organize this event (for the love of the
herding breed and their handlers).