UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Faculty of Veterinary Science
DISORDERS BY BREED – SHETLAND SHEEPDOG
- The LIDA catalogue reports congenital and hereditary disorders found in pure-bred dogs as well as common conditions thought to have genetic origins because their frequency is higher than expected in certain breeds.
- The inherited disorders listed on the web-site were sourced from the Online Mendelian Inheritance of Animals database.
- New disorders are reported with regularity and while LIDA attempts to keep up-to-date with such reports it cannot guarantee that its content is complete and current.
- The importance of disorders described in the LIDA catalogue varies in terms of frequency and severity.
- Users of LIDA are strongly encouraged to take professional advice before using LIDA data to make breeding or purchasing plans.
Organ System Involved
- Conotruncal Heart Malformations
- Factor IX Deficiency
- Factor VIII Deficiency
- Haemophilia A
- Haemophilia B
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Von Willebrand’s disease